RSS
Wecome to my Blog, enjoy reading :)

Bienvenidos!

Welcome to my blog on language, culture, and learning English as a second language! This blog serves as an example for students enrolled in graduate classes and who are seeking the add-on endorsement in English as a Second Language.

This blog will be used with graduate students during the Summer 2011 semester.

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

ESL Methods...Over the years!

I found this great article that presents a "timeline" of methods used for ESL.  As I read the information I was reminded of how things have changed with regard to pedagogy and second language acquisition.  Of course I feel strongly that the change from "Designer Methods" to theory and research-based methods stems from the focus on individualizing education and also the fact that our ESL populations are not always literate in the first language.  Hence, we see the difference between ESL and EFL!

Here's the link:
http://www.yourdictionary.com/esl/about-esl/esl-teaching-methods.html

No comments:

Post a Comment